Why I love Listers

Gentlemen,

This afternoon I have been reminded why I like collecting Listers. I am taking the Lister L to Dorset this year, it has not been run since at least last August because the Lister A went to Dorset, it is sheeted up outside and to be honest the Rover has taken up a lot of my time recently with repairs and Rally's so my engines have been second best. I have just taken the L out of store oiled it and primed the main bearings and second rotation of the flywheel on the handle and away it went until it ran out of fuel. I love my Listers :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

:-

I don't think you have a Lister B do you? If interested I have a 5HP hopper cooled one for disposal.

Fred

Reply to
g6zru

I have a tank cooled B and no more room at present :-((

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Fred,

I have an A,B several D's including a Bruston generator, J, L and M

Reply to
campingstoveman

Will it fit in a Wagon R+ ? ;-)

I'm going down to Dorset on Thursday and will stay until Saturday. This year I'm going with a friend from Denmark who is just as nuts about anything mechanical as I am so I'm sure we'll spend a lot of time around the stationary engines.

BTW, I have just bought a Lister CS with a ST5 alternator that I will be collecting from Luton some time during the next couple of weeks. I plan to use it for a home power plant. (and no, I will not collect it in the Wagon R+ !!) :-O

Michael

Reply to
michaelbrix

Does your wife know what you use her car for when she's not at home?

Fred

Reply to
g6zru