Wolseley engine spares

I have spent the weekend "tidying" my shed in order to create some space.I have sorted out everything into keeping and "time to get rid of" piles.I have recently broken up a couple of WD 2's and a WD 8 for spares and intend to take these to Astle and putting them on the club stall for sale.If any of you need spares and want to give me an e-mail I will happily hold them for you.Sorry if this seems like a blatant sales advert but I just thought I would give you guys first chance of any parts you perhaps are looking for.

Kenny Williams,

The wild and woolseley scotsman.

Reply to
woolseley

Have you a WDII starting handle please? Colin

Reply to
Colin Jacobs

Not sure if I have a spare handle,they tend to be scarce but I'll check and get back to you Colin. Kenny.

Reply to
woolseley

Colin,I have e-mailed you regarding a starting handle.If you don't get it get in contact again.Cheers,Kenny.

Reply to
woolseley

Just bought a WD8 on eBay, and need a couple of spares.

I am short of 2 cylinder head studs and 2 cylinder head nuts.

Also I need an exhaust.

I can make the nuts and studs if I have to, but I do like to find the easy way if possible :)

Regards

Al

Reply to
Algernon

Hi Al Studs are no problem as are nuts but there are two types of nuts fitted to the WD 8 depending on whether it is a late or early model.The early model has nuts with rounded tops(3 short ones and 2 longer ones either side of the spark plug recess) and the later engines have 5 flat top nuts all the same length.I can take them to Astle Park if you are going or you know anyone who is going.We leave on Wednesday so you need to let me know on Tuesday at the latest.Kenny

Algern> Just bought a WD8 on eBay, and need a couple of spares.

Reply to
woolseley

That's interesting. When I bought my WD8 it had 3 (I think) of the flat top nuts and two ordinary brass full nuts (open at both ends). I bought a new set of nuts on eBay which are the kind with rounded tops. My engine is serial number 33104. Does this class as an early or late model? Just curious...

All the best,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Hi Kenny,

I have been assured by Paul at Internal Fire that Astle Park is worth the trip so I intend to come on the Monday.

The engine I have is #25054, so i think it woudl class as early. I have 3 dome topped nuts.

I took a look, and yes, the two studs either side of the spark plug are about 1/4 inch longer. All the nuts I have are the same though. It is the 2 of the shorter studs I need and 2 nuts.

I also need a core plug for the water drain boss, a float chamber top and an end cover for the mag. Apart from (and the exhaust of course) that it all seems pretty complete.

If you could email me with a meeting place, or mobile phone number that would be great.

Regards

Al ( snipped-for-privacy@algiecomp.co.uk)

Reply to
Algernon

Big Snip

Hi Al, If you are talking about the 1000 Engine Rally at Astle park it finishes on Sunday.

24-25 June Venue: Chelford, Cheshire Opens: Organised by: Five Counties Vintage Machinery Organisation Enquiries to: K Staton, 47 Coronation Road, , Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 3HA Tel: 01260 281378 NOTES: Directions: M6, Jct 18 on A535, five miles from the M6.
Reply to
Dave Croft

You are quite right....seems everyone was correct when they said I don't know which day of the week it is :)

In that case I intend to come on the Saturday :)

Regards

Al

Reply to
Algernon

Hi Chris Your engine is a later one with regard to the head nuts. I think they changed about the 32000 mark or thereabouts unless someone knows better.Kenny.

Christ> > Hi Al

Reply to
woolseley

You should be able to pick up an exhaust at Astle no problem as both Magown and Frank Gelder usually go and sell numerous parts including WD silencers. You should also be able to pick up a new mag cover of one of the ignition stalls (independant ignition will certainly have them) but if you want an original mag cover im sure that one of the many stalls will have one at a reasonable price.

Mike M

miley snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
miley_bob

Thanks Kenny. That's interesting. If anyone has an early engine fitted with late-type head nuts, let me know if you want to do a swap!

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy