Bachmann J72 Chassis

I have a Bachmann J72 with the wheel quartering issues and have contacted Bachmann about buying a new wheelset. They can only provide wheelsets for J72s made in in China (and not made in Hong Kong). I have a Hong Kong made chassis.

Is there a difference between the wheelsets from Hong Kong and China? Could I put a China wheelset in a Hong Kong chassis and expect it to work, or are the axle diameters/gears different?

Reply to
Gerald H

"Gerald H" wrote

I think there are differences with the axle diameter and the axle-mounted gear.

Why not just re-set your original wheels and fix in place with superglue (after removing all traces of grease & oil). I've done this successfully on several J72s.

John.

Reply to
John Turner