Hornby E Mail

I was wondering if Hornby's customer care were having problems with their E Mail. I have sent them 2 E Mails (need a live steam spare) over the last 10 days and had no response. Anyone else been having problems?

Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

I sent in a problem about the DCC decoder reseting over a week ago but as yet other than an auto response nothing...

Dave

Reply to
David Miller

Finally got a reply today, however not very helpfull. There customer service used to be so good as well............

Reply to
Rob Kemp

"Rob Kemp" wrote

Hmm, I finally got a response [1] to my first email - but only after complaining to Mr Kohler that it was practically impossible to get hold of Customer Care (used to be more appropriately called Service Department) either by phone or email.

[1] Customer Care phoned to say they were responding to my email by phone and not by email - fairly self-explanatory I would have thought without them telling me, although I'd have thought it would have been quicker to simply reply by email. They advised that the parts [2] I'd ordered would be sent by post. [2] the wrong parts arrived.

Now I've got to go through the whole process again to try and get the parts I wanted.

These were not the bits I ordered for you Rob. I've not had a response yet to that email.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Out of interest, how would anyone who doesn't have email access contact Hornby with regards spare parts? Most people and companies now just seem to assume that everyone has net access but that is far from the truth.

Reply to
:Jerry:

":Jerry:" wrote

You phone Customer Care and sit in a call queue for absolutely ages, usually until they *accidentally* cut you off.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Wonder if they've got 'Caller Id'.

Cheers, Simon

... just going thank you...

Reply to
simon

John Turner said the following on 01/04/2007 18:45:

"Press 7 to be cut off for no apparent reason."

Reply to
Paul Boyd

":Jerry:" wrote

Worse than that - Hornby no-longer produce service sheets for service dealers; they are expected to be able to access them on the Hornby website (not that I can ever find them, which suggests their website is as crap as they are at answering emails).

If anyone can tell me where these service sheets are I'd be grateful.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"simon" wrote

I think they have - it's known as the phone's ringing - let's hide.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

According to some of the discussion on the Hornby forum they are not on the new redesigned website! They do have some on this wensite though.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

"Fred X" wrote

To be expected I suppose - it *was* Customer Care that said they could be found there!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

To be expected, it takes a computer expert ! 2 clicks, with 2 seconds thought cos its late.

use

or select 'customer support' followed by 'service sheets'

Now how illogical is that ? or am i missing something ......perhaps they just loaded them ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote

Thanks for that Simon, but when I went into Custom Support there was absolutely nothing there, and that was immediately after Customer Services told me they were on the website.

John.

Reply to
John Turner