Hurlford Tool Van DM198625

To cut a very long story short, I am trying to find out what this vehicle started off as.

It is about 50' long, looks a bit like a LNWR 50' arc-roofed (or possibly cove roofed) brake, except it has inset doors at the ends in the style of LNWR/WCJS elliptical-roofed stock (these are the original passenger doors, not the big sliding doors inserted when it was converted to a tool van) and I can't find any reference to these being fitted to arc-roofed stock. I can't find anything like it in Jenkinson's "LNWR Carriages" but according to Essery & Jenkinson it is in the number block allocated to pre-Group lav composites. The number was obtained from the Transport Treasury list (order in the post), the Perth tool van looks to have been very similar and is only 4 numbers apart - DM198621. I'd link to a picture if I could get my scanner to work.

Anybody got any ideas ? Any information much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart.

Hi Stuart. Have copied and sent your request to Glasgow and South Western Assoc online members. If it's Hurlford there's a good chance one of them will know it. Included your e-address, they may contact you direct.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes