Ebay item 260046051366

Just one question. Why?

Adrian

Adrian B

Why not?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

At first glance, it's not too dissimilar to the class 150 clone used for track testing purposes.

PhilD

Reply to
PhilD

Fair point.

Seriously though. The window arrangement is so odd that I assume it is an attempt to model a real prototype. I'm not familiar with the track tester mentioned by PhilD. I'll have a go at Googling for it later.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian B

I think it laudible that there are people who still enjoy modelling or remodelling -- it keeps it worthwhile for suppliers of materials for scratchbuilders. I am quite sure that I would be over a barrel if the French were not interested in powered Model Aircraft and Racing Cars.

Prices in Dijon for RR RTR from Fleichmann etc are typically 156?00 to 185?00 for a mediocre looking SNCF OHE loco and NO spares back-up.

Reply to
Peter Abraham

It's had various liveries over the years, but this photo illustrates the unit well: . Other photos on the site, too.

PhilD

Reply to
PhilD

"PhilD" wrote It's had various liveries over the years, but this photo illustrates the unit well: . Other photos on the site, too.

*****

That's a very smart Blue and grey livery for 2000 ! I'm quite impressed with the pink stripe. I have not come across this unit before.

Reply to
Andy Sollis

Indeed, when I posted this, it hadn't occurred to me that it might have been based on a real prototype. Just hacking an HST to make a fictitious "experimental" DMU would have been an odd thing to do.

Next up for me - a Hornby 110 conversion to a 104.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian B

"Adrian B" wrote Next up for me - a Hornby 110 conversion to a 104.

Adrian

Done that - Just make sure you have a very fine saw for cutting off the old cabs. If your using the CJL white metal cabs, I would recommend drilling or filing out the destination blinds too.

However, one day I will finish it :-(

Reply to
Andy Sollis

I have a Craftsman Kits set of parts which includes brass overlays for the cab ends and white metal parts including a bit to fill the hole after hacking the headcode box off. I bought these a couple of years ago

One day I'll start mine!

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian B