rivetting tool

Hi there. Does anybody know who makes a riveting tool for punching out dummy rivets in etch brass kits. The tool I am thinking of is the one with a threaded rod and a weight that allows the drop of the weight to be set thus producing (theoretically) uniform rivets.

TIA

Reply to
Rich

Those are so simple that you make it yourself ! Steel studding (B&Q if stuck for a source), sharpen to a rounded point (not too pointed or it punches holes!). A few nuts. A lump of metal with a hole in it. I have one and use it now and then.

Experiment with the material you put below the workpiece; something hard (eg. steel) is very different to something with some give (eg. lead flashing), or lots of give (mouse-mat).

Their is a posher lever device is by GW Models, with various guides and slides (depending on price) to control a line of rivets. Works and prices seem fair for the low volume manufacture.

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe

Rich said the following on 28/01/2008 12:34:

Eileen's Emporium do such a tool, I believe.

Eileen's Emporium PO Box 14753, London, SE19 2ZH, tel and fax 020 8771 3366 Roger Sawyer

If you want to get really clever, go for the GW Models rivetter. I think this around £80 when I bought one, but it is a nice piece of kit. He usually advertises in MRJ, so you might see a picture of it if you have a quick browse in WH Smiths.

George Watts

2 Tall Trees Penstone Park Lancing West Sussex BN15 9AG Telephone No. 01903 767231
Reply to
Paul Boyd

Without doubt the best, could be improved, but still the best.

Roger

Reply to
Roger

North West Short Line (nwsl.com). Has guides and spacing stops.

Reply to
Wolf K.