Track Pins

I've been using some track pins quite happily but I bought some new ones recently and they are noticeably thinner and longer. I had noticed that some of the pin holes in setrack (not necessarily Peco) were noticeably smaller. Is it a Peco/Horby divide or is there a change happening?

Reply to
Graham Harrison

news.virginmedia.com

But are the thinner ones more prone to bending under a hamfist ?

Saw an advert today for track pin pushers, look as though may be similar to nail punch - thats what I use - wonder how they compare on price ?

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon
Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

With a "wastage rate of about 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 on plywood" I'll stick to my method - ok I have mdf not plywood.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Peco also do track nails, which are sturdier.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan
Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Well known problem in diamond drilling when you hit another rock layer, tendency is for the drill bit to go along the contact. To avoid it make sure nail is at right angles to underlying layer. I've been using pins bought years ago, they must have been Peco track nails as mentioned by Jane. Used them up so tried Hornby - way too thick, then Peco track pins. Bent several till used several gentle taps instead of wack. They say dont need to drill first but found much more likely to be straight if did. Only time still had problem when hit 2 by 4 frame wood, swapped a few nails for pins.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon