Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wow!
I have been playing with this thing some more, and I think I may be ready to buy some sheet and plate to start on my first project a lot quicker than I originally planned. I've been welding a variety...
2
2

Miller Syncrowave 250 DX - NO DISPLAY
Hello All- Trying to troubleshoot our Miller Syncrowave 250 DX tig welder. An employee had used it over the weekend, and now the display is not operating at all. Checked the owner's manaul at and I'm...

My Very First Aluminum Weld
my very first aluminum weld is not as bad as I feared. I definitely worked outside the parameters that Miller says. This is unknown alloy tube, although most of the tube I have seen locally that is...
10
10

I don't need no...
... stinking forklift.
10
10

Back side purge for stainless welding
I have some 300 series stainless to weld and was wondering if C25 would be OK to use for the back side purge? I used to have a spare argon cylinder that I put a regulator and flow meter on for back...
2
2

software for calculating optimal cut list on stock?
I have a problem which cannot be unique to me. I have to cut a whole bunch of pieces of known length from several lengths of stock. What I need is some software which will run on a Windows box which...
18
18

Gastric reflux bed: Welder make one?
I am male age 50 and have gastric reflux or what is known as GERD I have head of my bed elevated abt 12" or so stomach fluids wont erode my esophagus at night while asleep. Bed lifts are not a...
13
13

Speaking of tack welds
I was recently watching all those mig welding video shorts on the Miller website that Ernie turned us onto. I noticed that theyrecommended a tack weld every so many inches, and then go back and make...
8
8

T and Corner Welds
For steel I have a small assortment of magnetic holders for quickly positioning pieces for welding. Put a tack or two on, check the angles and finish the weld. Um... how do I do that for aluminum?...
6
6

Another metal bending crosspost
I am considering making some parts from 4130 streamline tubing, (the smallest, .030 wall) and would like to bend it into gentle curves. It looks like sand bending may be the way to go. Has anyone done...
9
9

Tungsten Discoloration
I am puzzled by something. I was practicing some TIG welding today, and the tungsten was becoming discolored. The strange thing is that it was only discoloring INSIDE the gas cup. That is: the portion...
4
4

Metal Bending - Another Crosspost
Ok... there are obviously sheet metal brakes out there to do this, but the price gets up there pretty quickly. I was wondering if it would be practical bend some small pieces of aluminum in my...
15
15

Gas Tank
Ok, at 4$ + per gallon I can't ignore this any more. I have a gas tank that leaks when I turn to the right and it is more than half full. The filler tube is my suspect since it is on that side. When I...
11
11

Plasma cutters- again
Is a Hypertherm Powermax is a good machine in a manual plasma cutter? Reliable, good Torch, good consumables, etc. ? Looking at maybe a 30 or 600 size for 1/4" steel. Thanks in advance for any help.
1
1

Miller 212 vs 252
Ok, I have definitely out grown my crackerbox and my china store flux core welders. In addition my son plans to take welding when he starts high school this fall. The second puts a little more...
16
16