Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Autodark welding helmet recommendations...
I love my Jackson EQC Executive HTLS, though I believe the s.e.j.w guru likes it in a different helmet than stock.
12
12

Signed up for Welding class
Signed up for the fall for a welding class, 6-10pm one day per week. Should cover all welding processes such as stick, mig, tig, and O/A. I am sure that I will learn quite a bit of stuff and maybe...
3
3

How was your Fourth?
I went ATVing, wheelied my ATV over on me, and got a crush fracture to my Ll vertebra. Four weeks in a walker, three months in a brace. It's always something. Sheesh. Steve
17
17

Thanks Guys - Cuting Aluminum
I have tried to stay off the river during this extended amateur night going on during the holidays. Last holiday I fished we got speared by a pontoon boat. Anyway, as a result I've spent most of the...
4
4

Will "JB Weld" work for my bike frame?
I.m thinking about building a bike frame, without the use of welding equipment. Will "JB Weld" work for my bike frame? Is it really as strong and shock resistant, as a weld done by the tig welder.? l...
9
9

Miller Trailblazer 55G further updates.....
Still couldnt get that Continental F-163 engine unfrozen, so had to pull the head....yes..it had at one point gotten water in it... seems to be badly damaged...but some valves appear to be frozen, as...
13
13

Welding on oil pan while on car
Finally found that my oil leak (replaced the drain plug gasket and oil 5 times) problem is a hairline crack in the oil pan immediately adjacent to the drain plug. The plug threads into a thickened...
24
24

Anyone know anything about a Lincoln AC/DC 250 Code Nbr: 8309?
First, happy Independence Day to all my American brothers and sisters out there! I'm looking to buy this machine, but cannot find it anywhere on the Lincoln web site. It tells me I need to be a member...
1
1

Electrical Measurements: A Laboratory Manual (1895)
Electrical Measurements: A Laboratory Manual (1895) By Henry S. Carhart, LL.D. Professor of Physics & George W. Patterson, PhD, Junior Professor of Electrical Engineering University of Michigan For...

rectangular pressure vessel
I read the postings here regularly and have a few welding/fabrication questions. I'm installing a wood fired boiler in my home and need a hot water storage tank. Something around 500 gal and sized for...
15
15

Should I gloat ?
Got a very nice set of Victor two stage regs and a rather large cutting head/mixer from a friend today , hunnerd bucks . Got the torch for sale on Craigslist , since I already have one identical (but...
10
10

tip recess?
I never have fully understood why you sometimes want a nozzle that has the tip recessed, sometimes you want the nozzle that's flush with the tip, and sometimes you want the nozzle with the tip...
3
3

ERNIE, a question I was told to ask you.
Someone named/going by Steamboat Ed (steamer) read the following post I had put in and said I should post it here and ask Ernie so here it is below. Thank anyone for your time. I basically got two...
33
33

Principles of Direct Current Machines (1923)
Principles of Direct Current Machines (1923) By Alexander Langsdorf Additional information and photos of this book are available on this page: Description: McGraw Hill, New York, 1923. Hard Cover....

Just beginning
Hi all, I just started out with some test- metal arc welding (stick welding) to get aquainted in order to build a frame for something. I'm welding 2mm iron profiles with a 2.5mm electrode. At 60A I...
5
5