Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Pressure washer sandblaster
Bought an old trailer. What is the best way to paint it. I want it to look nice and hold up but it does not have to be perfect. Thinking of using implement paint at TSC. One thing I was wondering, I...
6
6

mig welder quality
does anyone know who makes the NorthernTool branded mig welders? Are they good quality? Where do you get t hem fixed? TIA arthur
1
1

Trailer advice
I was wondering if I could email some pictures of a trailer I bought to someone that could give me some advice. I bought a 12 foot by 6 foot rough dual axle trailer. I bought it for 400 bucks. I...
1
1

Manual of Steel Construction (1988)
Manual of Steel Construction (1988) By The American Institute of Steel Construction Additional information and photos of this book are available on this page: Description: American Institute of Steel...

Silly idea time...
--Ya know it occurred to me today that, if I was wearing a shirt with solar cells on the front, I could probably charge my cellphone with 'backwash' when I'm welding. Just a thought, heh.
3
3

flatten ends of tube - but no torch
I need to forge flatten the ends of a metal tubes but don't have a OA torch on hand. This tube is IMC (intermediate metallic conduit) and I'm told if I try it cold the tube will crack. I need to...
9
9

Least Cost Worthwhile Wire Feed
OK, ultimately this is a dumb question, but I'm lazy. So instead of shopping, I'm going to ask here. I have a job coming up that I can't do with a stick welder, and may cost me more to have done than...
16
16

Continental f163 engine manual?
Anyone have a manual for a Continental f163, in ebook form? Gunner
3
3

Guess I still got it
My BIL broke a ripper blade. A 5/8" x 3" flat bar with a ripper tooth on the end, and slots where it fits into its receptacle on the scraper box. Had to bevel it, clamp it, and fill it real good with...
1
1

Miller Trailblazer 55G update...sob....
I think I may have paid too much for mine, too. But it came with a full cutting set, welding tips, tools, rods, a trailer, a tool box, a vise, and lots of goodies. I gave $300. I'm into it now for a...
16
16

Oxy-Acetylene cutting problems (Technique? Flame)
Hey guys! Have a (possibly) simple question for you. I've been trying to make some nice clean cuts on 1/4" but I seem to be having some problems. not very well versed in the cutting at all.. How I'm...
8
8

Wire difference
What is the difference between these two flux core wires? E71T-11 Carbon-Steel E71T-GS
1
1

Where is everyone?
Don't let the bastards win. This is a good newsgroup with lots of knowledgeable people. Ignore trolls, and do not respond to them. That is the most effective way of keeping the NG clean. Steve
23
23

Expanded metal
--Spent yesterday welding up a tray that will hold 3: 5 gallon propane bottles on the roof of a hearse (bwahaha). The final bit was to weld expanded metal to the framework, something I've had dreadful...
4
4

wow, that's tough!
I've used an auto-darkening helmet since 1998. I left it (secured) at a jobsite and today I had to tack something together. I have an old helmet and tried welding the old way, with the chin wag to...
2
2