Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

240V-> 110V transformer - lighter with inverter techn?
Hi Very "off the wall" question directed to our gifted electricals and electronics welders... About 240V to 110V tranformers used with professional power tools here in the UK - needed by law on...
24
24

Welding does pollute the environment!!!
There should be new welding taxes. The money could be used to plant some new trees!!!
2
2

Question on 14" reinforced composite saw blades.
Just got my 14" gas saw a few weeks ago so I'm new at this for cutting sheet metal and some angle iron with it. Have gone through three 14" reinforced composite blades very quickly. One had a chip on...
4
4

GasFluxer
I have one at work, ( the main chamber flange gasket has leaked flux and looks like it's going to be a hell of a mess to fix. Has anyone used some kind of sealer on the flange to keep the liquid flux...

Auto Darkening Helmet ?
Hello I am going to do some very fine SS welding via TIG and will need both magnification and a auto darkening filter in my helmet , am looking at the Miller Performance , Jackson Next Gen and Optrel...
8
8

current dream-spec stick site-welder
Hi everyone So you have the situation that you are part of a business setting up and you need a portable DC stick welder to carry onto site... Mainly doing architectural non-structural ironwork - but...
5
5

My big chance..
--Ah, at last! Found out the Miller road show is coming to town next week. Seems like every other time they've been here I've heard about it a week *after* they breezed thru. Lookin' forward to a...
6
6

At least he's wearing his safety glasses
I found this through reddit, and thought a few of you might get a laugh:
14
14

Etching Stainless Steel to review Nugget Size.
Hi I understand this group is more about Fusion welding, but I have a problem with Spot welding which I hope someone can help. I have been looking for a pre Mixed solution to Etch Stainless Steel Spot...

Suggestions for sacrificial anode to protect copper?
I have a hot tub that is heated with a copper pipe unter the seat carrying hot water. I just replaced it after 10 years due to leaks caused by corrosion. I'd like to use an anode to prevent...

Getting shocked
I have a Miller 250HF. When I tig weld, aluminum, I get a steady tingle through the filler rod and my arm if rested on the work or bench. It doesn't hurt but is damned annoying. What is wrong with my...
5
5

Anyone have a centrifuge for sale for w.v.o.
I am looking for a centrifuge that would lend itself to clean waste vegetable oil. If not found, does anyone have plans for one before I reinvent the wheel/rotor? Thanks b
23
23

WTB Panasonic Weld Power supply
Looking for HM2-500 series. Any help is appreciated ! Thank you.
1
1

What am I doing wrong?
I have not had a lot of luck cutting thin plate without a lot of slag and grinding. What size tip, and what pressures should I be using for 1/8" plate? Is there any difference between a vertical...
2
2

tig, inverter vs. transformer
I'm shopping for a new tig welder for my home/hobby. I have no tig experience, but would like to learn tig as well as be able to weld aluminum and stainless. It seems that I've reached an impasse...
6
6