Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Chinese welding
I've just repaired a 2 ton engine crane that I got from a chap who had managed to bend the fold down legs that stick under the car. These are each 53" of 70mm square 3mm thick box section that pivots...
10
10

Welding cart version 4.0
hi gang Finally finished the latest version of the welding cart. I'm hopeful I do not have to build another one (but am perfectly willing to do so if I get more stuff!) You can see the results here...
10
10

MIG welder size amperage question
I will most likely be purchasing a MIG welder soon and I have a question about amperage. I currently own a Lincon Squarewave 175, and I have recently found that 175 amps of TIG power is not equal to...
3
3

Importance of a pointed tungsten, TIG welding
I am new to TIG welding. And have difficulty maintaining a sharp tip on my tungstens. OK I can lay a nice bead and keep the tungsten clean if its two plates on a table. But in the real welding world...
7
7

need more rod to learn with
finally used up my 5# of 6013, just when i was hitting a stride long enough for me to actually experiment. and I still got some projects to go. been mainly welding rusty, half buried, chunks of metal...
3
3

pls gimme an idea
hi all, i've been given an mini project on flux development could u guys help me in the way to start it and follow it.. pls share some of the difficulties associated with that also.. with regards,...
2
2

about plasma cutter.
Hi,all I am hobbyist and want to buy plasma cutter. I like hypertherm's powermax 30. I'll be appriciated on any information. I'd like to cut mildsteel s/steel aluminum sheet less 1/4" thickness. Is...
14
14

convert AC welder to DC
I have a huge bridge rectifier I would like to use to convert an AC stick welder to DC. It is as simple as just connecting the rectifier to the welder or will I need something else like some sort of...
8
8

Welding text book
After making repairs to a trailer some people in the local scout group became interesting in learning to weld and I was asked to teach some classes. The problem is I dont know where to start. I am a...
5
5

welding stellite to stainless steel
Any comments on welding 316L stainless steel to a stellite casting, what to look for and what to avoid. Robby
3
3

gate 101?
For a long time all I was getting requests for were railings. Now everyone wants gates. Railings I knew, gates I don't. I know how to weld up a rectangle, but how to hang 'em, hinge 'em, design 'em?...
8
8

Excellent JOB video of POLY X abrasive
WE have the CHINA patented POLY X fiber disc,which is very similar as Clean And Strip and SCOTCH BRITE made by 3M,but much lower refer to the PERFECT performance video online. It's really wonderful!...

Welder breaker
I had some welding I needed to do in my back yard so I hauled the welder out of the shop and hooked it up at the house to my hot tub. The Breaker pops even though it is the right current rating, 50...
24
24

SUCCESS -- Bridgeport mill is home and on Casters.
My Bridgeport mill is finally home. It is a Textron model with a bigger knee. For some pictures, including closeups of flaking marks, coolant pump, etc see did place it on casters today. I raised it...
12
12

Pictures of my "Bridgeport mill mobile base on casters"
I welded together a mobile base for a Bridgeport mill. (the casters are removable so that for stationary operation, they are not interfering and the casters do not get flat spots). Most steel stock...
13
13