Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Which one to get (yet again)
Well, I've currently have a Lincoln Weld-Pak 100, with the gas setup on it. It isn't a bad little welder, but it doesn't have much capacity. I'm trying to get a business going making pattern welded...
14
14

Making money by welding
Bought a 3x6 ft welded steel work table at an auction for $5. Welded on four 650 lbs casters ($20) in about 10 minutes. Advertised as "work/welding table on casters". It is actually nice and can be...
3
3

Copper Silver solder chemical question
I'm assembling some machined copper parts for my rocket project. I'm using silver solder. If I heat the parts hot enough to make the solder flow then the parts get a scaly dark almost black coating....
4
4

techniques for capping steel tube?
Hello all- I'm building some fixtures out of rectangular mild steel and would like to find a better way to cap the open ends of the tube. I've tried cutting down some flat bar and welding a fillet...
17
17

Obsolete Lincoln Idealarc 300/300 tig welder
I'm watching one of these for sale but don't have a Code number. However, after visiting the Lincoln website it looks like all of these machines are "obsolete". The machine is supposedly single phase...
2
2

Used Welder Advice
I want to buy a used AC/DC stick welder for my shop. I particularly want one that will burn 1/8" 7018 with a decent duty cycle. Like up to 250 or 300 amps. I want red or blue. I want something as...
5
5

Anything wrong with buying an "obsolete" Lincoln welder?
Greetings, I'm looking at a Lincoln "Idealarc 300/300 TIG welder. I don't have the code number available. But based on the Lincoln site, it appears that most - or even all - of this range of welders...
9
9

Type of welder?
Hi All, I just bought a used Sears Craftsman 113.201371 Welder. I'm curious about the current adjustment, it doesn't have a tapped transformer. It has a slider that (from the outside) seems to move...
13
13

tips for finishing stainless welds
I'm about to take on my first stainless project, and I'm looking for tips on finishing afterwards. Obviously I need separate disks, files, whatever so that I don't contaminate the stainless with iron;...
3
3

basic Hypertherm consumables question
I'm new to plasma cutting and have a basic question about consumables. I'm just about to receive a used Powermax 900 and have an RT60 torch. Which torch consumables should I expect to run thru the...
4
4

Welding cast iron vice
run a google advanced groups search on this group and cast iron. Nickel rod (either 99Ni or 55Ni45Fe). Two methods. I was taught and have posted the "cold - peening" method. Ernie prefers and has...
2
2

stupid question time...
Today, I had a welding job (at work of all places) that required more welding between breaks than I'm currently used to doing and my regulator kept frosting over to the point where I'd have to stop,...
5
5

Aluminum tig weld appearance
I've noticed that when I'm tig welding with aluminum I'll get small patches after welding that look pretty shiny but the rest of the weld is dull. Is the entire joint supposed to be shiny? For...
4
4

MIG Welding, CC Inductor, and bypass thereof
This is in regards to an old Hobart CyberTIG welder that I modified by putting in a new microcontroller that I programmed in BASIC. because I have a separate SCR controller, and separate module for...
21
21

Torches and regulators
I have two large cutting torches and three regulators I'd like some info on to make a keep-or-sell decision. 1) PUROX -- 20-1/2 inches long, marked C84-42, three tubes, works but needs a new tip,...