Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

not a test.....question
I need to weld rebar (#6) together; coupling them using welding instead of rebar clamps/tie's. What would you recomend using? I have a Hobart 120 with .030 wire; I hope that will be good enough but I...
11
11

Tool suggestions
I'd like to buy a good set of taps and dies and a drill index from 1/8" to 1/2". I see drill sets all the time (with carrying case) that are about $9.99 for a thousand or so drills. They can't be very...
34
34

SHAPER SHIPPED!
My shaper was shipped at 8:05 p.m. e.s.t. The seller and the trucker had one heck of a time arranging their schedules where they were both available at the same time. It is a testament to the seller...
1
1

Is welding dangerous for the eyes?
A poster here recently claimed that, regardless of welding helmet used, welding causes eye damage. Is that true? Additionally, it was also claimed that the cheap (AKA fifty dollar HF helmets) will...
27
27

Reducing spatter?
Is there any way to reduce spatter when using E-6013 arc-welding rod? My wife and kids bought me a Miller Thunderbolt XL AC/DC machine for my b-day last year, and I'm just now getting to use it. I'm...
8
8

How To Tac Weld Thermocouple Wire?
i need to join type-k thermocouple 24ga wire. type-k consists of one lead Nickel-Chromium (Ni-Cr) and the other lead Nickel-Aluminum (Ni-Al). i need to tac Ni-Cr to NI-Cr, and Ni-Al to Ni-Al can i tac...
34
34

ANYONE EVER FOAMED THEIR METAL BUILDING THEMSELVES?
I asked something about this before but not exactly. I want to foam my 30 x 40 foot building. Contractors think that I am Donald Trump. I need to do it myself. Any suggestions FROM THOSE THAT DID IT?...
21
21

Netiquette and Newsgroup Etiquette
Ohh, I like this... I like to be able to read the reply with out having to scroll to China! Don't over quote: Copying back a long post (more than 20 lines) just to add "I agree" or "me too" is...

What is the proper Netiquette?
If I have a question that can be answered in more than one newsgroup, should I: A. post it to each newsgroup separately so it is not filtered by those who have the ";" as a filter to avoid crossposted...
5
5

damn near unbelievable...
had a pretty good laugh at work today, That damn Polack Cheesehead I work with had run the acetylene dry, and couldn't figger out why he couldn't get a new tank to hook up, neither one of the tanks he...
7
7

OT Electrical Question
I got a Malibu 600 watt transformer. Model ML600TW. When I rotate the on/off knob, it makes the sound of smacking the outer housing with a stick. A loud audible clank. Then it hums. When I apply the...
10
10

welding helmet
I am curious to know what a pro welding helmet favorite is. Be it the brand name, warranty, durability etc. All likes and dislikes. I am searching for a pro recommendation. I recently purchased from...
12
12

gas welding regulator problem,..
Hello, I am doing some cutting with an older victor oxy/acetalene set up. This went as expected for a few days but I noticed a kind of chuffing or squeaking sound from the oxygen regulator this...
4
4

where has tigdepot gone?
I can't seem to raise on any of my browsers - is my address wrong or are they down for maintenance? Thanks....Joel
4
4

...using my Dumb Question Of the Month coupon .......
I think everyone is entitled to ask one dumb question a month, and here's mine. What all will a plasma cutter cut? Is it only metals, or will it cut glass, tile, or thick plastics? Steve
9
9