Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Welding machine-Tig info needed
I brought home today a Airco tig welder. It, except for the color..appears identical to the Miller Dialarc 250-HF. Anyone know where I can find a manual and so forth? Ive not powered it up yet, just...
5
5

OT - Group Question
Hello, is it acceptable to post a welder job opening here? -Kevin Salisbury
5
5

embarrassed and excited at the same time
I've had TIG fever for the last few weeks, and finally broke down and bought the little harbor freight guy. I don't normally buy their stuff, but this time I figured I can learn tig (which I really...
5
5

Tig welding torch movement
In all the books I have read on tig torch movement they describe forming the pool and then moving the torch back and adding filler. I rarely ever do this. I am able to get good uniform beads by just...
7
7

Acetylene Tank-Can it be cut open?
I bought an Acetylene Tank, that had been in a fire and discarded at scrap metal dealer. Took it home and removed the valve, the tank was "empty". The neck of the tank had a small wire mesh strainer...
3
3

trying to find an adapter for a tig torch welding shop was no help
I stumbled across an old tig torch (Union carbide HW26) and i was trying to adapt it for use on my new welder. the old torch is a single cable one (GAs and power) has a threaded fitting that looks...
3
3

Anvil ID needed
Greetings all, With any luck, I have posted 4 pics(Anvil1-4) as well as a .txt file(Anvil10ID) of an anvil that my Dad bought about 20 yrs. ago in the drop box. With his recent passing my brothers and...
18
18

Is this fume extractor any good for stick welding?
Hi all, I'm considering getting a fume extractor. I've been doing a lot of stick welding recently (using 6011, 6012 and 6013 electrodes) and I'm concerned about inhaling the fumes, especially when...
10
10

Welding hose connectors?
Guy gave me a nice piece of A/O hose, about 50 feet long, but a couple ends are missing. They butchered it up for something or another and this was the mother piece. Can I get "do it yourself"...
3
3

?s about bend tests for certification and making a tester.
At my new job where I am not a welder and had no knowledge of these tests I need to build a tester and get the correct tooling. The boss wanted to be able to test up to 1 in thick material but I find...
13
13

Trailblazer 175?
Well, I am narrowing it down for a truck mounted and portable welder. I keep coming back to the blue 175. The comparison charts all have it about one step above the others in most comparables. It has...

Wood working mitersaw for cutting steel?
I was wondering if I could also use my Delta Wood working miter saw for cutting steel tubing? I am planing on cutting some 1x1 and or 2x2 x1/8 tubing and of coarse flat stock for a door for my wifes...
10
10

welding cable connectors
my welder does not have disconnectable cables, And I'd like to remedy that, can somone point me to some sources?
6
6

Ernie's seminar
A couple weeks ago I, along with several other guys, attended a seminar taught be Ernie Leimkuhler. It was all about wire feed welding. I have a little SP125 Plus welder and wanted to be able to use...
4
4

Welding pics ?
Hi everyone, is there a place where we can get quality weldings pictures from? has anyone any pics they can send here maybe ? bye Doc