400 amp, Lincoln Tig welder

Hi folks,

I am moving and going to be a lifelong resident in my travel trailer. I have a 300 amp (factory says it will do 400 all day long), Lincoln Ideal Arc Tig welder that is too big for me to carry with me.

I would very much like to trade it for a more portable tig welder that does aluminum/s.s. and such.

I need this to happen as quickly as possilbe. It is 240 single phase

Thanks

Joe

Reply to
justme

Might help if you mentioned what part of the world you're in .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Hey, Snag. Do you really, really think it would help?

I just forgot as I am too busy getting stuff ready to get on the road.

I live in central Texas, very close to Austin, Texas.

Are interested? Where are you?

Thanks

Joe

Reply to
justme

Hi,

Hi folks,

I am moving and going to be a lifelong resident in my travel trailer. I have a 300 amp (factory says it will do 400 all day long), Lincoln Ideal Arc Tig welder that is too big for me to carry with me.

I would very much like to trade it for a more portable tig welder that does aluminum/s.s. and such.

I need this to happen as quickly as possilbe. It is 240 single phase. I may pay difference, too.

I am in central Texas and very close to Austin, Texas

Thanks

Please hurry so the junk man doesn't get it.

Joe

Reply to
justme

Well , I do have a portable 250 amp TIG/stick machine ... but I think I'll keep mine , it's a pretty new inverter machine made by Everlast . I'm in N.central Arkansas , not a really long ways from you . I asked because there's always a chance someone local to you might be interested , and folks from all over the world post here . Now that we know where you are best of luck finding a trade !

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Oh , and you might also post this over in rec.crafts.metalworking , lots of folks there weld too .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Thanks, I intend to do just that. Haven't had time yet.

Take care

Joe

Reply to
justme

You will not be able to conduct a trade that you are hoping to do -- no one will trade a modern portable money maker for that idealarc.

Sell the idealarc, add money, and buy a small portable welder.

Ignoramus12521

Iggy, how many portables do 400 amps.?

Joe

Reply to
justme

I have no idea, but I am telling you things as they are for real

Ignoramus27459

Miller XMT304, XMT350. Lincoln Invertec 350, and a few others.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler