Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

RAMSOND 3-in-1 ?????
I'm asking for a frind. He's an artist and wants to do welding and plasma cutting...on the cheap. Mostly sheet steel. Does anyone have any opinions on: one he is looking at is : or bad for the price?...
8
8

Butt welding ends of 1/16" stainless wire
The tab on my son's jacket zipper, that you would grab to move the zipper up and down, broke. I made a replacement as an oblong ring made of 1/16" 316 stainless TIG wire. By the way, this can be done...
6
6

crater fill
Hey everyone, could you tell me something about weld technique to fill crater on GMAW process, how the gesture or manipulated it. Is allowed to fill the crater after we broken the arc till to fulfill...
1
1

Combining an electro mechanical joints
Hello everyone, i need help at this: I want to make a joint like in the human arm and make it work in certain behavior. so, i know i need a stepper motor controlled by microchip like PIC16F1825 and...

Welding an oil pan on a 3-53 diesel
I have a 3-53 diesel, whose pan was damaged slightly because I dragged it 8 feet on concrete and that slightly damaged the oil pan. The corer slightly "folded" and I tink that it caused a crack to...
39
39

Busted 30 lb welding spools
This Inconel welding wire, unfortunately came with both spools busted. have reasons to believe that it happened during shipping. Anyway, given that this is Inconel, expensive stuff, I am wondering how...
15
15

What I do when I am not welding
Kitchen remodel is 95% done. Had family and guests last night, and it was wonderful. Coming back this morning for omelets after going Dec. 26th shopping. to page two, and see what it looked like...
9
9

technical qu's dry xx10 cracking article Welding Jnl
Hi all Interested in an article in last month's Welding Journal. There's a current issue of cracking of weld metal when cellulosic electrodes (typically 8010's) are too dry. The article:...

ERNICRMO-10 alloy, can join any ferrous anything?
A couple of 30 lb spools of ERNICRMO-10 accidentally followed me home. is a alloy of 60% nickel, 21% chrome, 13% molybdenum. After reading the above pdf, and some other things, it seems that this mig...
4
4

C25 argon cylinders pros and cons and shelf life question
Hi all, I have been welding with a flux core wire and finally decided to upgrade to C25 (Argon/CO2 mix). I have questions about equipment that I need to buy: 1) I am debating whether to get 40 cu ft...
5
5

San Bruno Pipeline Accident Update
=========== Most unfortunately this appears true of all the trades, not just welding. We are about to discover that you cannot operate a viable economy based on stock brokerage, financial engineering,...
25
25

testing reality for Design of Welded Structures calculations
Hi everyone Want some advice on how to practice the skill of designing welded joints. I imagined doing some tests and seeing how it really works. Been talking with one of our fellow contributors here...
10
10

Welding sintered alloys?
--A pal of mine designs jewelry that's then manufactured using a 3-D printer and metal powders that are sintered for strength. Here's a link to her page to give you the idea: --I shared a...
5
5

Wow, this is the weldor of the [last] century
15
15

Son's BBQ Pit Project
My middle son Ben did his 2nd project with the Millermatic 180 I got him. He's going to Texas State U. so doesn't have income at this point. He wanted a bbq pit of his own, with capability to drag to...
13
13