acetylene gauge pulsating

What causes a acetylene regularot to start pulsuting? The manifold is about 5 years old, with about 10 hours of use. This is my second regulator doing the same thing. Do i throw it away again and buy a new one or can it be repaired? The first one caused a flash back that boomed so bad that the torch went one way and I feel back out of my chair. Had to change my underwear after that. This last regulator was a Rador and the salesman said it was made by Victor.

Thanks, Mac

Reply to
Mac

How much gas are you drawing? If you exceed 1/7th of the total capacity of the cylinder per hour you are in danger of having acetone drops in your fuel gas.

Generally, pulsing regulators mean sticky diaphragms, which can certainly be repaired by a good tech.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Grant, while they can be repaired it seems like all repairs are extremely expensive. Probably due to liability??? My Harris torch body needed a new o-ring where you can attach/detach the cutting torch. $75 repair cost. My vendor (who sends out the work) will not do a minor repair without a major overhaul and a full polish. I've spent $85 having Victor gauges repaired that were 'hunting'. It seems like it's almost cheaper to toss-and-buy.

Sorry about griping.....

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

You're dealing with a middleman. You want to find out who your vendor is sending the stuff to, and go get to know that guy.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

who identified marijuana growing on the property from an identical helicopter fly-over.

The agent said he specializes in that sort of thing, and he was flown over the property for an evaluation.

He told the other federal agents that he could not determine that there was any.

The G-MEN flew him over again: "they pressured me to change my evaluation, and I did, even though I couldn't detect any marijuana. They got me to say 'maybe I see some for sure'."

A large multi-departmental group of federal and county agents stormed the house, and shot the male owner to death.

The widow continues to live there.

Before moving in, law enforcement had the property appraised for its value.

Eventually, the county admitted it wanted the property.

This is our Drug War for national security reasons.

The government now says it regrets calling it a Drug War.

Then appointed a retired Military General as Drug Czar.

Drug Czar William Bennett was an active nicotine addict until his first day of work. The ONLY reason he quit smoking was because it would have been politically incorrect to smoke while leading the War on Drugs.

  • On October 19 1996, Clinton announced that his administration will develop
  • a plan to test the urine of driver's license applicants under the age of
  • 18, and he gave drug czar Barry McCaffrey 90 days to present the plan to
  • him.
* *
Reply to
Grant Erwin