Actual home Made TIG Welder

If you aren't doing code welds, and just want higher strength / appearance, try E7014.

Reply to
Rich Jones

:>I always thought they used 3 phase, delta into a full wave bridge. Six diodes, :>three to ground, three to positive out. But then it's been a while since I :>opened one up. Is this something currently done?

: Some are done that way, but they also use a wye connection : with six windings (7 wires) and six diodes.

:>But in any event, you are right. You can't add them together.

: Right, that's the important point here.

Thanks for the info. I always enjoy your posts for the excellent technical content.

Regards, Tom

Reply to
tmiller

Thanks Ernie....

OK.... thanks!

Jack

Reply to
jalin

It sorta' makes me lean back to suggestion that Ernie has made many times before.... buy a DC Maxstar 150 and then add a ReadyWelder to it!

Thanks for your input! Much appreciated!

Jack

Reply to
jalin