AIRCO flame cutting table

I have somehow become the one "anointed" to bring this beast back to life. It has been sitting 10+ years. No manual, no schematics. I have so far figured out that I don't know alot about this thing. From some simple testing, it appears to me that the gas plumbing has been royally boogered up. It appears that when you turn on the cut function, the cut feed to the torch is turned OFF. I don't understand the solenoid setups and can't seem to find an Airco website. Any help on this would be Any help on here would be most appreciated. It is a model 5072. Even a clue to where a manual might exist would totally rock!

Andy

Reply to
TheAndroid

The Airco torch stuff was bought by Concoa, not that you will find a sniff of that on their Web site. Call Concoa, though, and ask for an Airco technical person. That's my little hint, good luck.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

To correct Grant, Airco was chopped up into many pieces. The hand torches went to Concoa, but all the machine torches, track burners and pattern cutters went to Koike. I believe Koike has a lot of the service info on older Airco equipment. They do however charge a fortune for any replacement parts needed, if they have them.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I sold several of these back in the 1980's .....

Most of what you want to know is here

jpickett

look for hl8a linatrol

John Pickett

Reply to
jpickett

Andy Arc Products has microfiche manuals for all old Airco stuff-before

1985-get all the p/ns and ser numbers together and call or fax them 619-628-1022 ph 619-628-1028 fx
Reply to
Mike

this works better with one paste.

Interesting. Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder