Amazing woman

from rec.crafts.metalworking...

Ignoramus8952

Really nice work

Reply to
Nadogail

There are craftsmen (women) and there are artists, this gal is both...

DJ

Reply to
IdaSpode

"IdaSpode" wroe: There are craftsmen (women) and there are artists, this gal is both... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Furthermore, she has reached beyond the usual display of metal art by her choice of "canvases." It is the creative blending of the before/after use of tin cans, buckets, barrels and tanks that gives her work an originality that I have not seen elsewhere.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Any comments on whether a plasma-cutter would be a better choice?

Reply to
devnull

What would consumable costs be? Tips seem to get eaten up fairly quickly and would cost a fair amount of money.

How long DO tips last? I recently got a Miller 2050, but havent brought it home yet. So some idea of the sort of life would be interesting

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for existence.

- It is NOT fiscally responsible.

- It is NOT ethically honorable.

- It has started wars based on lies.

- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.

- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.

- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.

- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.

- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

...It no longer has valid reasons to exist. Lorad474

Reply to
Gunner Asch

What about air, too? Wouldn't you need an awfully good compressor to keep up with a manual plasma cutter going full time?

Reply to
TinLizziedl

I've not got a problem with that. It's been a long time since I've updated my web site but here it is.

Look under portable air compressor to see it.

Reply to
Wayne Cook

Yea my Micro size one - 100 gallon double head C.I. pumps more air that my max use and I build up pressure about double what I need. The tank lasts a long time and then when the trip point is hit -

25# above what I use on my Hypertherm Max 600 it cuts in and fills the tank once again. It never runs out and I CNC cut as long as I want. I have a chiller on the air line so it is water free and naturally have mechanical separators as well.

If you see large upright ones with adds on them - pick one with all air tools in the green. Simple as that.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Thanks to both of you- at present I've got a little Husky compressor (26 gal, IIRC) that does the job for my nail guns, but it really struggles when I run my burr motor / die grinder.

I would like to get one of them CNC plasma tables, and since my better half fancies herself a better carpenter than I, I could cut fancy panels for doors, inlays and scrollwork.

Just a dream for now. Lots to do here, most of it involving 68# concrete blocks.

Reply to
TinLizziedl

Anyone need one..Ive got a Very good Curtis 3 stage compressor, 120 gallon tank and 3ph 10hp motor for sale.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch