ASME IX

May I ask you for some help?

I need some information in the net about ASME IX. I need to know general ideas about piping and tanks welding.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Paco

There is precious little on the internet because ASME wants to sell you the code. Basically Section IX sets standards for qualifying welding and brazing procedures and the people who will be doing the welding or brazing. What else do you want to know?

Reply to
Footy

I´d like to learn more about welding inspection and their requeriments (standars, procedures, qualifying, CE mark).

For example, I'd like to know when is necesary to take radiographies to the joints.

Best Regards,

"Footy" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Avogadro

Sounds like ASME VIII

Reply to
mb

Radiographs are not required when qualifying procedures or welders, but may optionally replace the required mechanical tests required to qualify them.

Reply to
Footy

Depends on the code under which you are working, contract requirements if the work is being performed for someone else (like the military or a power plant), and on shop practice.

Examples: In a nuke plant, generally every weld gets radiographed on any pressure system. In a conventional power plant, it may vary from almost none to a reasonably high percentage of welds being shot, depending on what parts are being welded and the history of the contractor (failures lead to a higher percentage). Some repair welds are required by code (NBIC, for a pressure vessel in the US) to be shot, such as a weld in a flange knuckle, if the weld is at less than

45 degrees to the line of the knuckle, and many welds on unstayed surfaces (like a cylindrical shell).

In new construction, the radiography requirements are lower (often no requirement) other than in a few areas, such as parts for nuclear reactor assemblies, etc. Also note that a field weld may require radiography when the same weld done as a shop weld won't.

Reply to
enl_public

You will find all you need to know about ASME 9 at:-

Regards John

Reply to
John Dyson

You will find all you need to know about CE marking pressure equipment at:-

Regards John

Reply to
John Dyson

John, thank you very much for your help