Best plasma cutter for the money?

I wanted to give the business to the local guy, but the company is not set up for the weekend warrior. They want the commercial accounts before they talk discounts. I have a Miller Legend, an LTeck250 mig, lincoln buzbox, CRAPsman junk, and various other buz boxes, gas torch/tanks combos. My goal is to get into hifreq, tig, or something so that I can weld up some underwater toys too. But,, if I had to pay the prices around here, I wouldn't get much for the buck..

I may try one of my other big dealers. He may have some specials.

Thanks for the tips.

Reply to
BigTwin

Hey Martin, come to think of it, that is one of the reasons I wanted a plasma too!!! I want to make a set of falling plates, with a reset string. I am not even sure if I can hit the dam things since I wear glasses for reading now.. Have not tried competition on bowling pins, etc for years!!!

Regards

Reply to
BigTwin

thanks for the tips Wayne. The local dealer doesn't seem to budge on prices.

I have a Miller legend, Ltec MigMaster 250. tanks torches, and a bunch of buzz boxes. I have been playing with welders since highschool. I don't do it for a living. Not sure if I would want to. My eyes are going as it is. One part of getting older that really sucks.

Reply to
BigTwin

thanks for the tips Wayne. The local dealer doesn't seem to budge on prices.

I have a Miller legend, Ltec MigMaster 250. tanks torches, and a bunch of buzz boxes. I have been playing with welders since highschool. I don't do it for a living. Not sure if I would want to. My eyes are going as it is. One part of getting older that really sucks.

Reply to
BigTwin

Well that's why there's more than one dealer out there unfortunately.

I understand that (two pairs of glasses now) though I do it for living myself.

Reply to
Wayne Cook