Brazing info and video

I'm trying to learn this and want to do ss and copper and ss to ss.

Friend said use Braze 452 Silver brazing alloy and use silver solder flux.

sound right?

I finally fnd a video at the local library but its mostly on soldering with some brazing.

Anyone have a brazing video they need to get rid of?

Thanks.

Reply to
Blueraven

Have you looked at this site???

It will give ideas on how to do the task most efficiently. Randy

Friend said use Braze 452 Silver brazing alloy and use silver solder flux.

sound right?

I finally fnd a video at the local library but its mostly on soldering with some brazing.

Anyone have a brazing video they need to get rid of?

Thanks.

Reply to
R. Zimmerman

We don't have a video

The only video I know of is from ICE in Virginia.

We do have some info online at

If you wanted to call I would be happy to talk to you. 800 346-8274

You might look up "soldering copper" or "sweating copper" under plumbing for copper. Stainless steel can be a little tricky. Some of it brazes very well. Some forms Chromium oxides and doesn't braze at all well without special treatment. Your 452 alloy si a BAG-36 alloy which should work well. You might want to look At BAG-37 as well.

I would suggest Black Flux instead of white as it is more forgiving.

tom

Reply to
president

thanks R and Pres.

I called HaRris co and they said the same abt he black flux. Plus ill get the saftery silv 56 braze allow..

Id did find this link for some video on brazing

Ill chk out yours also,.

Thanks for the help.

BR

Reply to
Blueraven

That is AWS BAg-7 braze alloy. It is 56% silver with copper, zinc and a little tin.

Feel free to give me a call if you run into problems.

tom

Reply to
president