Brazing Torch

Does anyone know if I can still get hold of a carbon brazing torch? I saw one a few years ago. It had two carbon electrodes in a kind of holder and connects to an arc welder. Also, do they work? Are they any good?

Reply to
steve

RoyJ

"clumsy to use" is an understatement. I had one and got rid of it as soon as I could. It was part of my experiment in trying to switch away from Oxy-Acetelyene.

For brazing, nothing beats a gas torch.

You might want to look into getting a propane powered Turbo-Torch. Add a spool of Silver Solder (AWS BAg-34), a can of Black Flux (aka Silver Brazing Flux), and you're all set for glueing metal together. Works for me.

Propane is not as hot as O/A but, I find that any task that needs something hotter than propane is also a very good candidate for a different process like Stick (SMAW) or TIG (GTAW).

Reply to
Speechless

Thank for all the help, guys. Somebody has put me on to

steve