Buying used TIG welder.

I need to add another welder to the collection. Been looking around, the Miller 180SD fits the needs but I'm not stuck on Miller. I've gotten some quotes on the Miller with my educational discount but a nice used machine would probably do just fine.

I've run across some really ancient beaters at my favorite junk tool dealer but never any reasonable late model stuff. Where should I start looking? Check with the dealers looking for a demo, return, or trade in? I'm hoping for something late model at about 60% to 80% of new (discounted) cost. Doable?

There is an earlier posting for a 180SD, just that it's 1200 miles from me, I'd NEVER get a Purchase Order approved for that deal.

Cheers.

Reply to
Roy J

Check ebay for used welders. By far the largest market for this stuff....

Reply to
James Arnold

Here's a tig runner setup that sold for $1350 recently..

James Arnold

Miller sells reconditioned welders only to dealers. Have your dealer check what's available and price.

Reply to
R. Duncan