- CIMG0012.jpg (0/1) TIG Torch quick disconnects

In my never ending quest for the most complete TIG welding system I was interested in being able to quickly swap between TIG torches on the Dynasty 350 at work.

Power connectors are easy by using the Safe-Loc connectors from CK Worldwide.

Gas connectors are also easy using the Western Enterprises Inert gas connectors

The problem has always been the water connectors. In the past I used the Western Enterprises Oxygen quick disconnects for water, but they eventually become unhappy.

Doing a google search I found that Weldcraft now makes water quick disconnects, but don't bother going to their website since they don't seem to know that they make them.

Luckily you can buy them from several online suppliers.

I found them at Weldfabulous a store on Amazon

At work I swap between a CK300 Flex-head and a CK230 Flex-head. I use the CK300 for the majority of the pipe welds on the 3" stainless pipe I work on all day long, and the CK230 for cleaning up the root passes inside the pipe.

I think it is funny that nobody sells a complete system for this.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I would have used standard hydraulic QC's for the water.

On my Miller Sycrowave I use 2 torches, a 350A water cooled and a 100A air cooled. Right after I bought the machine I bought an extra gas solenoid from Miller and plumbed it in. Then I used a 4 pole double throw switch between the two torches. The switch controls both the gas solenoids and the the finger tip current control zip tied to each torch head. Water is always on and flowing through the 350A torch even if I am not using it.

Both torches are always "hot" so the one not being used gets the tungsten either removed or pushed back up inside the cup.

Reply to
Randy333

The downside to keeping two torches hooked up at the same time is that it can screw with your high freq. The high freq is going to both torches. With DC it can make starts a little harder. With AC it can be quite bad.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

How so?

Reply to
Randy333

In an older machine with old tired high freq. capacitors and a dirty spark gap running multiple torches can bleed off your already reduced high freq.

It can also play havoc around your house or shop with the ungrounded high freq. broadcasting to any susceptible electronics.

In a new machine the high freq. broadcast will be much stronger creating a substantial RFI.

With DC the high freq. is only a pulse at the beginning of the arc so it is less of a problem.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler