Color coded rods?

Ive a 5lb coffee can filled with 3/32 rod that is only marked with a tiny dab of lavender/purple paint on the bare rod holder end. Its a very light cream colored electrode coating

Anyone have a clue what that might be?

Im collecting/sorting the rod I got a week or so ago to tell Ernie what I have.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner,

There was a discussion of the old color codes in the Hobart forum:

Specifically:

Does that make any sense?

Northe

Reply to
Northe

Yes indeed. It makes much sense. Ive a can of rod, unopened that is dated May of 1958 in with the other stuff..so the rod in question may well be very very old. It welds perfectly btw and the coating is in perfect condition. So it must have been opened not all that long ago. Many thanks! Gunner