DCRP or DCSP

Threaded View
when should i use each with stick on mild steel ?

is it thin sheet DCRP and heavey plate DCSP ?

why do i want heat in the rod with DCRP ? is this for shielding purposes ?

thanks.

Re: DCRP or DCSP

Something that helped me remember is the + and - thing.  Positive + (more)
means more penetration.  - (less) Negative means less penetration.  Second
thing ......... Straight Stinger Negative ........ I think of SSN (social
security number) ........... Straight Stinger Negative to keep the confusion
of   +, -, straight, and reverse straight in my mind.  DCSP (DC Straight
Polarity) = Straight Stinger Negative, and the REVERSE (DC Reverse Polarity)
is the other one (positive).

In a positive electrode, the arc goes away + from you, digging into the
metal.  In a negative electrode, the arc comes toward - you, melting the
rod.  In thick stuff, you want to melt the thick stuff.  On thin stuff, you
want the rod to melt.

The thicker (think +) the material, the more likely you will use stinger
positive +.

The thinner (think -) the material, the more likely to use a negative -
stinger.

This is only a general rule, and not absolute.  But it helped me to get the
jumble of "polarity" straightened out in MY mind until it became more
familiar to me.

HTH.

Steve

Site Timeline