Difference between Lincoln Welders

Clarke welders have been mentioned here a few times before. For the most part no one in the US seems to be very familiar with them. I believe they're made in Italy and parts are not always readily available here like they are for Lincoln, Miller, Hobart or even Century welders.

I did a Google Groups search and found messages about people having problems with them so unless the price is REALLY right I'd stick with your original idea.

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

I talked to one fellow about his craigslist seller side experiences. He said he had sold several things, all went within 24 hours, LOTS of phone calls. Of course he had what I would call fair prices. I was looking for a high volume electric water pump, he had 2 pumps and 2 spare motors. I got all 4 items for what I was prepared to pay for just 1 pump.

And the free stuff is really wild, it may go within minutes. One last week was a FREE, late model two stage snow blower with eletric srart that would start but not run well. Ran fine last winter. (Standard propblem, fix is to clean the crud out of the carb needle) Someone just didn't want to deal with hauling it off to the shop.

The flip side is there are a couple of buzz box welders that have been floating through for $200 or so recently. No takers on those.

Ya gotta move > >

Reply to
RoyJ