Drill Doctor 750 .... any good?

Am considering buying one. Pros and cons?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

bitternut

I've also heard the Drill Doctor works very well. I usually sharpen my own on the bench grinder. The technique I use is look at a new bit and try for the same angle on the dull/broken one. It's really not that hard with a little practice especially if you've seen someone else do it. I have lots of bits because I get these...

every so often when they are on sale for $13.99. I've heard the Drill Doctor makes simple work out of it and really shines if you've got lots to sharpen.

Reply to
Zorro

The Drill Doctor is an great little machine....about a 15 -20 minute learning curve and off you go....

Reply to
Jeff Sellers

I have a drill doctor 500. The only difference that I'm aware of is that the 750 has the chuck that handles up to 3/4" bits, while the 500 handles up to 1/2". Piece of cake to use, once you understand how it works. I never even unwrapped the video that came with it after reading the instructions.

Since this is for home use, I rarely use it, but when I need it, I really need it! One of these days, I'll sharpen that cofee can of drill bits that my dad left in the shop. :)

John

Reply to
JohnT.

I got the cheaper version of the Drill Doctor (300 I think). In an afternoon I went through my entire collection of old drill bit and sharpened them up nicely (not just the dull ones, but the broken ones too). One of the better investments I've made.

Dick Steflik

Zorro wrote:

a new bit and try for the same

especially if you've seen