FS. Lincoln Tig 250/250

I need to fire sale a welder, to pay for putting another engine in my work truck..shrug. Had the brand new rotor destroy the brand new distributor cap, cross fire and blow out a head gasket. Now Ive a very nice steam generator on 4 wheels..damnit.

(1) Lincoln Tig 250/250 welder

This is a 250 amp AC/DC tig and stick welder with HF start.

Includes W20 torch, Lincoln Magnum water cooler, Harris gas regulator with flow gauge, tig control pedal, stick welding leads (50 or so feet) plus stinger and ground clamp

All in perfect working order, on a custom cart with wheels, bottle holder and pull bar, plus hangers for all cables and hoses

The cart was designed with a work top above the welder and is the proper height for welding, or putting a tool box on. Magnum cooler is mounted on the back of the cart next to the bottle holder, leaving plenty of room on the work surface.

Located near Bakersfield, California

$900 OBO

You want a good machine, grab it now..cause if I get the bucks someplace else..it goes off sale instantly.

Gunner, 805-732-5308

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner

I forgot to mention..this is a 220vt single phase, transformer based welder.

Good for home shop, garage or business. Capable of welding aluminum as well.

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner

Cross fire aint gonna blow a head gasket unless it was:

  1. Already blown (blowing)
2.Ready to blow anyway JR Dweller > I need to fire sale a welder, to pay for putting another engine in my
Reply to
JR North

Perhaps it was. Shrug..no idea

Autozone. the finish machining on the contacts inside the cap was screwed up..they were too close together...the rotor dragged, then broke completly off the end of the rotor. I managed to repair it on the side of the road with JB weld and Okie engineering, and limp home..nice cloud of steam coming out the tail pipe. And the smell of Lo Tox antifreeze hangs in the air...

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner

Dang gunner, the exact same week I just spent my emergentcy welder money on alternators for two of the cars! I just asked the CFO if I could by a welder, and she said, "sure, if you build me a deck" where's the logic in that?

ca

Reply to
clay

What type of truck and engine? I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Grey

'88 Taurus. I seem to remember a service notice about defective head bolts in 3 liter motors that year. Don't remember if they were torque-to-yield or not.

Also I think the proper term for your engine swap is "long block" not "short block".

Short block: consists of block, crank, rods, pistons, rings, cam, timing gear/chain and cover. May include oil pump and drive.

Long block: all of the above plus complete heads, pushrods, lifters and optionally; valve covers, intake manifold, oil pan.

16 hours seems a little long, I would think 8 - 10 hours is more correct.
Reply to
alphonso

Ill ask my guy.

Ah..ok. The Taurus is in sideways..in the truck, its long ways. Have to use the truck intake manifolds, oil pan, valve covers, water pump and housing etc etc etc etc

He checked the book. Shrug

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

What's shipping to Brooklyn, NY--approx zip: 11385?? Fellow there might could use it.

Ackshooly, I might could use it, just as a change of pace from my Econotig, but my whining/begging/nagging haven't been so effective lately... :( Plus I don't hardly weld no more... :(

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

You and Tim don't seem to be getting along. He could probably afford to buy the system, then drop a bag of thermite on it to reduce it to slag.

Can you predict how you might react to this?

Cheers,

snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com.au

Reply to
zadoc

I wish I had..Ive got accounts receivable of about $5k outstanding at the moment..and Im selling off shit to get my truck fixed.

I need to find a really good knee breaker who will work cheap.

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner

Reply to
tbone

Gunner, A couple of quick suggestions. Every time you post here, call one of the people that owe you. Be pleasant, but ask for your money every time. Always ask for a date when you'll get your money. Always call back. If you call as often as you post you have anyone owing you money. If all you get is a secretary be VERY polite. Engage in pleasant conversation, and always mention why you are calling. If you really hate doing this, hire someone pleasant to keep calling and calling. Pay them for how much they collect. You can be out working while a stay at home mom nags your no-paying customers!

I hate collecting money too. My solution was to never extend credit. Funny thing, as much as I hated collecting money I had no trouble telling you up front that I am not a bank and can't make loans. Yeah, every now and then this policy lost a sale. I just figured that anyone who couldn't abide by my terms up front wouldn't have any qualms about stiffing me after they got what they want.

I used to deliver machines with the keyboard removed. Then I sent you the keyboard via UPS COD for the balance due on the entire machine. UPS would come back 3 times to deliver the package and get the COD. If you didn't accept it they would bring it back to me, wasting more of your time. One a machine is in a customers place they get surprisingly anxious to get it working. UPS charged like $10 to pick up a $10,000 check. Trucking company CODs wanted a PERCENTAGE of the COD. Then they took as long as 3 weeks to get the check back to you. With UPS I had the check 2 days after the delivery, every time.

Gary H. Lucas

Reply to
Gary H. Lucas

Maybe the problem is extending credit to liberals. :) Mebbe put in a li'l questionaire as part of the credit app: Do you believe in Prayer in school? Ebonics? God? Bush? Death Penalty? Or, if Cliff had any input, WMD's? :) Or, require a written paragraph: Printed, or scrawled, w/ at least 5 grammatical errors, instant credit. Typed w/ no grammatical errors, instant denial. :)

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Chuckle..there are few Liberal machine shop owners. Not even in So. Cal.

The problem is...is that work is coming in pretty good for my clients, particularly after a long slow period we have had. And most have to upgrade or repair their plant, buy materials and so forth.

Cash flow is slow for them. They managed to survive the recession of the last 5 yrs..by tightening up. And that includes letting machines sit without PM or repair. Now they need em to get the work done..and their reserves are small or non existant. And they get paid in drips and drabs from THEIR customers..and of course payroll, taxes and so forth come first (sigh) so the vendor tends to get pushed off to the edge of the payment sheet. Some survived by borrowing money, or in one case..the GM bought the business from the owner..now he is making payments...though the work is steadily increasing.

Everyone that owes me money has been a very long time friend as well as client..and they are not lying to me. This I know.

Once their receivables start coming in in significant amounts..Ill get mine. In the mean time..I struggle to keep or get their machines running and only lean on them nicely. And they keep calling me back, bad times or good times. I always get my money..and sometimes I get nice toys to take home too..like that HLV-H I just turned off a few moments ago.

California has been slow to recover from the recession..last one out..last one to recover. Its always been this way. Shrug Now spindles are turning again and its a matter of time before we have a little Shining Time again. We can only hope it will be a Big Shining Time...but I think those glory days are long gone. Sadly.

If I had any brains...Id pitch my tent and go elsewhere..but at 52, with two back surgeries behind me (pun intended) and having had a heart procedure..not too many HR people are going to give me a second look..least of all with no college degree of any note.

So I can age in genteel poverty, and die early, or age in genteel poverty and live to be a ripe old age as a ward of the State. Though I suspect Ill die on the job as a very old man, fixing toasters..chuckle.

In the mean time..shrug..to quote the Duke.."a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do"

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner

Hmm, well I remember the days when Americans stuck together, more or less anyway.

Seems that these days are gone for good, though, considering the hatred I have seen expressed on this group.

Perhaps we are going the way of the USA and the CSA in the Civil war, or the Catholics and the Protestants in Ireland.

Definitely not good news either way, IMHO!

However, to go back to the question of credit applications: Up until recently, credit would probably be given to applicants who were at least literate enough to use spell checkers and grammar checkers if they couldn't manage on their own.

Perhaps this has changed, though. If so, then the naturally literate might have trouble competing against those with the, ah, linguistically challenged.

So perhaps there is a market for a program which will randomly introduce spelling and grammar errors in any application or letter, enabling the writer to "fit in" with the prevailing ethos or logos.

There could be a real market for such a program.

Ideally, the reply to any application should be precisely tailored to the intelligence and education of the person reading it. He will, naturally, want to appear superior to the person making the application. The question is how to calibrate this for maximum effectiveness.

Being more intelligent than the boss or the credit provider is definitely not on. The question is how submissive one should be, which will require skill in writing the interactive program.

In the US, of course, the question of political affiliation, color, etc. could arise.

As a public service, I just thought that perhaps should alert programmers to this new opportunity.

Perhaps the input to the program would be to type the ad or application as it appears, then suggest a suitable level of reply. :-)

Of course, one is not restricted to intellect, but also age, religion, and so on.

Interesting challenge, no?

Cheers,

snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com.au

Reply to
zadoc

(snippage)

(snippage)

Is Buck still making knives anywhere in the US? I was looking at a new folding model 301 the other day and it was made in China. I will not own a Chinese pocket knife. You've got to draw the line somewhere. So maybe I'll be knifeless in the future when the present one is lost or finally wears out.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
gfulton

Well, when I left the US decades ago there was no domestic manufacturer of TV sets, 35 mm cameras, etc. The US companies still existed, but relied on rebranded imports.

From memory, around 85% of CB radios relied on a "motherboard" manufactured by a Japanese company.

Eat any canned goods? Check the label for the country of origin.

For that matter, how about fresh fruit and vegetables? Surely you don't think that all of these come from US sources?

How many US cars, tractors, machine tools, etc. were manufactured only from parts sourced from within the USA? ...And some of the parts couldn't be made from metals available in the USA.

Why shouldn't a Chinese knife be just as good as an American knife? Or are you old enough to remember when most if not all items of Japanese manufacture were considered inferior junk?

I must admit that am not a knife expert, but I suspect that there is no reason why a top quality Chinese made knife wouldn't be as good as anything that could be manufactured in the USA.

For that matter, how would you know where a US brand knife was made, for that matter? Perhaps the blade was imported from China and all the US firm did was put a handle on it so they wouldn't have to label it "made in China".

After all, that is what was done with the CB motherboards. Companies all over the world used the boards in their "local brand" of CB radios. All they did was provide the cases, switches, and the brand name.

Although this has been pointed out many times in the technical press and probably on the misc.survivalism news group, will point out that even when you call your "local" bank you don't really know who you are speaking to in many cases.

The call may be instantly transferred to a call center in India. When your call is answered the call center operator gets a video display of where you are calling from, the local weather, sports results, etc.

She speaks excellent English, and can even chat with you about your recent snowstorm, a sporting event you might have attended, a cultural event such as a concert you might have attended, or perhaps even what movies or TV programs you might have watched. :-)

With computers and data mining almost anything is possible. If you recently broke your wrist, she may even know about that. Or at least could know about that. Depends on what info your local bank knows about you and can provide to her, doesn't it?

After all, that is what data mining is all about. By posting your post to the group, don't be surprised if you suddenly receive phone calls, emails, or postal offers for "genuine US brand knives". :-)

Cheers,

snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com.au

Reply to
zadoc

zadoc wrote: "With computers and data mining almost anything is possible. If you recently broke your wrist, she may even know about that. Or at least could know about that. Depends on what info your local bank knows about you and can provide to her, doesn't it?

After all, that is what data mining is all about. By posting your post to the group, don't be surprised if you suddenly receive phone calls, emails, or postal offers for "genuine US brand knives". :-) "

No, data mining is about data analysis, not data collection (sneaky or otherwise). Data mining involves statistics, machine learning and pattern recognition. Where the data comes from is another matter.

-W. Dwinnell

P.S. Doesn't Gerber
still make knives in the United States?

Reply to