FS -- Miller Maxtron 450 TIG,Stick,MIG welder 1/3 phase

This is basically a dream welder that "does everything". Comes with a

60M wire feed, torches, MIG guns, etc. It works from 3 phase and 1 phase (at a slightly reduced duty cycle).

Price offered to rec.crafts.metalworking participants is UNDISCLOSED, but much less than what I expect to get elsewhere.

I am going to dicker around with this one and it will be gone quickly. I will test it prior to shipping. (I have yet to bring it home)

Ignoramus11615

Someone ought to follow you around with a camcorder for a day and post it on Youtube.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Is there some reason you aren't keeping this relatively compact all-in-one for your home shop and selling off your less space efficient separate units?

Reply to
Pete C.

That's also a good possibility. I will pick it up shortly (maybe early next week) and will find out. The only thing it is missing is AC TIG.

Igor

Reply to
Ignoramus11615

IGGY, GET A GRIP! If I was there, I'd slap you. Buy your stuff. Sell your stuff. Accurately describe your items. Stand by your guarantee. Other than that, tell the complainers to go suck a donkey!

"Never complain. Never explain." - Richard Nixon -

Reply to
SteveB

My guess is that he's too busy buying and selling to do any metal work. Am I close, Iggster?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Just did some last night (messing with a non-working single phase motor). I hope that it counts as metalworking.

Ignoramus11615

This machine has been just promised to someone.

Ignoramus11615

Well, technically. I think the tail is wagging the dog. Last year this time, you were building trailers and such. But it is all just a circle. A vicious one, at that. As long as yer making a buck and having fun and no children or small farm animals are permanently injured, it's okay.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Steve, it depends on how you look at this.

I made my trailer (over 2 years ago, rime flies) so that I can bring stuff home that I buy at auctions. It is in the same line of activity.

I do not really do "metal art" or collect cars or things of this sort.

There has to be some purpose to having a home shop. To me, the purpose is mostly so that I can buy, sell, and fix equipment, on small scale, which is what I like to do.

Otherwise I would not really need to have a shop and at most would need a screwdriver and adjustable wrench and pliers, buying everything retail and hiring handymen. Life would be rather boring.

Ignoramus11615

I look at it like this: if a guy can run 7018 rod, everything else is a piece of cake. You found what makes you happy. Some people search all their lives and never find that. You're a lucky man.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Thanks. I like what I do and it is metal related, letting me embark on various interesting projects without cost. (other than time). I would say there can be worse things.

Ignoramus16167

I ate lunch today, for an undisclosed price.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

But who fed you?

Reply to
Ignoramus16167

Try kiteboarding.

Reply to
ATP*

Igor, thanks for everything. It's a nice machine! I'll clean it up, and plug it in this weekend. _kevin

Reply to
karchiba

Cool!!

Well done!

Gunner

Gunner Asch

It was nice to meet you, as usual. Let us know how it works. I am delighted.

Ignoramus29099

Igor,

I got a chance to clean out the Maxtron, and it works very well. I'll work on the feeder the next week or so.

Thanks again, _kevin

Reply to
karchiba

Kevin, I am delighted to hear. It was a pleasure meeting you, as always. Cleaning it was a big job! :)

If you need that Bernard gun, stop by sooner rather than later, I need to free up some space.

Thank you!

Ignoramus30818