FS: Welding table, 37.5x33, 30.5 inches tall, 3/4 top plate

Very nice table, never used, on a professional super heavy frame (I did not make the frame). Table is 3/4 inch thick, 37.5x33, 30.5 inches tall. Table is brand new, made in USA, never used.

Price is $300, local pickup only near Chicago, asking a lot more elsewhere.

Reply to
Ignoramus6963

Now that! is a much much better table!! Someone Snag it!!!

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

It is not reallyf air to compare this one with the previous one. I had that 3/8" plate and I had to use it in a way that makes sense. I also had this 3/4 plate and I used it another way, also that makes sense.

This table is considerably smaller than the first one, although a lot sturdier.

Ignoramus6963

Its still a much better table in all aspects except for 1. Size.

And yet it is still a very good size.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Do you have any outlets in Utah?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I ran a shipping quote.

Assuming it is 400 lbs, I can ship this table to Salt Lake City _commercial_ address, with forklift, for $148.86.

Ignoramus29093

I like the basic design of the base, with the leveling bolts - that's the way to go.

The only thing I'd change to mass-produce them is to make the legs with 2 sizes of perforated telescoping tubing - the larger half on the upper table, and the smaller size on the base, and with at least 4 hitch-pins.

A dozen or more hitch-pins if you expect there to be any hammering on the tabletop, otherwise you'll have oval holes real fast, and eventually long slots...

Then you can sling the table-top to a shop crane and set the work height to the job - Or put a Long-Ram shop-crane jack underneath and make it self-adjusting.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable)

I am not mass producing anything. I am trying to make useful things out of jjunk and potential scrap metal lying around. I had a frame from something, and I welded a steel plate on top of it. etc

Ignoramus29093

Only on RCM will you find a _weldor_ with (or with access to) a commercial place and a forklift - yet who can't manage a cheap and local slab with legs. The trouble is that a person bragging about those peculiar "talents" will waste your time explaining why he doesn't have $450. :)

Reply to
whoyakidding