Gas prices

I went today, and got a 80 bottle of mix argon/CO2. It was 84/16. I asked about 75/25, and the tekkie said it was only available as a special mix, and that the 84/16 was now the standard.

It was $43 and change. With the hazardous handling fee, sales tax, and other extortion, it was $50 and change.

What do you pay in your area? I want to see if I need to shop this price around.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Steve, Mine was on a cash ticket, I never did business with them before. My friend recommended them after he bought his new rig and told me how cheap the cylinders and gas are (He lives in Joliet).Give your local AirGas a call with the product numbers I listed. I have an account with Mittler Supply and Airgas beat them by over 30% as a "nobody" off the street. The store I bought from is on Rt. 52 in Joliet IL. Have them try to match the price. It's no joke. I don't know if it's a state by state thing but I'm In Pomona right now for the week and I was going to do some "window shopping" I'll get a quote from CA. for you if you want. Cyberweld.com also has 80 cuber's on the website shipped full via ground. New cylinders. I was going to buy from them but I got the lucky call. I don't know what I paid Mittler Supply for all my 80's but I know it hurt.

Rob

Reply to
RDF

Reading of the amazing prices SOME people were paying for the same amount of gas, I called around this morning to see if I was getting "LIST" prices, or the prices I expect by having an account with my supplier.

He charged me $43 for an 80 cf 84/16 argon/C02.

The others were $42, $46, and $56.

I don't feel so bad now, knowing I wasn't taken advantage of.

Still sounds like a lot of money for that much gas.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Pomona California? Thats where Im at.

BIG Airgas store on Mission near East End.

PraxAir on Ramona a block south of Holt.

Gunner, 805-732-5308

Gunner