Gas welding aluminum filters

Anyone have experience with goggles, specifically; Didymium Vs. cobalt Vs. Tin Man's specials? Kent sure wants a lot of money for his lenses.

Will brazing fluxes work for aluminum?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Tinman's lenses work great for aluminum, and like shade 5 for steel, only need one set of goggles.

Brazing flux does not work for aluminum, Kent's does. Completely different chemicals.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Wale Aparatus sells Gold-Diddies and Gold-Cobalt safety glasses for less than Kent wants for his lens. They both work.

Here is a source for gold-diddies

No.

As to flux I would buy it from Kent.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Thanks guys. I guess i will have to spend the money. Kent White came in and did all the bodywork in a restoration shop where I worked. It was worth my time to "clock out" and watch him.

Reply to
Stupendous Man