Getting Craftsman 240/160 amp AC/DC Stick Welder

I placed an order for the Craftsman 240/160 amp AC/DC stick welder this afternoon and was told I should have it in 7 to 10 days.

Item # 00920674000.

The on line catalog shows it as "Temporarily out of stock for delivery" and the sales assistant's screen said the same, but when she placed the order it showed it was available. She also added that this was a popular item.

Anyway, this welder comes with the wheels and handle that the Hobart didn't have. Delivered price will be less than $14 higher than what Amazon.Com will be getting for theirs now that the $25 coupon no longer applies. The delivered price, to my location, is $393.75 which includes NC Sales Tax (7%) and TRUCK delivery to the door. Your price could vary slightly depending on the sales tax rate in your state and your zip codes relationship to their ship point for your area.

I fully expect this one to arrive in good condition . . . the first time . . . since it is coming by truck. . . . Not that they don't also occasionally damage merchandise. :-)

Al

Reply to
Al Patrick

who makes this welder? I thought century makes most of there welders.

Reply to
Don D

I have no idea. If you go to sears.com and search for that part number it will also give you the manufacturer's part number but I'm not sure that would do ME any good. Perhaps someone else can tell us what it means.

Here, I did a cut and paste. Mfr. model #0-132-002. A search of the web for that number didn't tell me much. I did find BobVilla.com where he uses that as the Craftsman part number. :-)

Al

D> who makes this welder? I thought century makes most of there welders. >

Reply to
Al Patrick

You may be right. Northerntool.com has a Century that looks very much like the Craftsman one I ordered.

Century 84241 235 Amp AC/DC Arc Welder, Model# 84241 Ship Wt. 117.0 lbs Item# 1647217

They want $430.

Al