help identify welding rods

Hello group...New user here, I need to know if anyone can tell me the type of rods I recently aquired. There is some writing that reads "ECTECTIC" and "66 AC/DC on the body, they have three red rings at the base and three yellow rings above the writing. There is a yellow spot on the end of the base. Could someone tell me what they are or where to look to find the info? I already did a complete "google search" which is why I ended up here... Thanks...

granpaw

Reply to
granpaw

Eutectrode 66 from Eutectic. see:

am not sure of what these rods are but they seem to work on cast iron.... sigh...

granpaw

Reply to
granpaw

The eutactic site has contact info on it. I'm told that they are helpful. They do a lot of specialty alloys, so don't be surprised if it is an odd alloy or a surfacing rod. The site omplies, vaguely, that it is for low carbon. One of my local suppliers has a former eutectic rep in the shop (I cn't remember his name) Drop me an email if you need it