How much current through 1/8" pure tungsten electrode with AC

If I was to use pure tungsten electrode, 1/8" specifically, with AC set to mostly penetration, how much current can it handle?

Reply to
Ignoramus9931

Not enough.

Honestly pure tungstens are more useful as fishing sinkers than for TIG welding.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Would you use Lanthanated instead Ernie?

Reply to
Ignoramus23731

At least. The best high amperage AC electrode is Zirconiated.

The only tungstens I buy are Lanthanated for most stuff, AC and DC, and Zirconiated for high amperage AC.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

You betcha.... Send me all your pure tungsten.

Bob La Londe

Bob La Londe