is welding bad for your car paint

My husband welds in the garage next to my black mustang. Can this damage the paint on my car ?

Reply to
tk

Kofoed?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

It won't affect the paint but weld spatter will fuse to auto glass instantly.

Make sure he throws a weld blanket, or at least a cloth tarp, over your car when he welds. No synthetic fabric or poly tarps. A heavy canvas painters tarp is fine.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler