joint efficiency

May somebody help me with joint efficiency or stainless steel pipes (ASME) ?

I do not know how to determine it.

How can I find out the X-Ray %?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Avogadro

Depends on the standard you are working to?

As a rough rule of thumb 100% X ray (Or in some cases UT) has an efficiency of 1

10% X Ray per welder (or 6" per 50 feet in ASME I think) is 0.85 No NDT varies, can 0.7or less depending on joint configuration.

Some codes permit the use of Gamma instead of X ray for certain materials and thickneeses depending on the isotope used. And the ASME code does not like UT, unless it's use is essential.

Regards

John

John Dyson