LATHE, 13x40", SW Oregon, bad threading-gears, rest is good, $500 obo

LATHE, 13x40", SW Oregon, bad threading-gears, rest is good, $500 obo

Sunmax 13x40" gap-bed lathe for sale in southwest Oregon (Medford); only 25 minutes off I-5.

Similar to "heavy duty" Jet model. 1500-2000 lbs.

The gearbox that drives the threading motion is trashed; but the bed/ways and spindle look good.

Excellent machine for CNC conversion; or you could still use it manually with cross-slide as feed for short cuts. All axes of Cross-slide seem in very good condition....smooth...snug....minimal lash.

Nice lathe....3hp motor, hydraulic-disc spindle-brake, camlock spindle, etc. etc..

Has been kept under cover...only light surface rust from occasional humidity. Should clean up good.

The leadscrew itself is still there. The gearbox cover with the shift-knobs is not. Don't think it matters though, because the gearbox isn't worth fixing.

The gearbox that drives the spindle appears to be untouched, and the spindle turns very smoothly....bearings seem like-new tight.

The stand is real nice, and probably worth a few hundred by itself.

The tailstock casting is also still there. Not sure if all parts for it are there; but I did see the handwheel and some other stuff next to it.

Take the whole thing for $500 cash, or make best offer. I need it outta here....getting ready to move.

To see picture and details, click this link:

Will trade for plasma-cutter; large propane fridge that chills well; flatbed trailer; 5th wheel; diesel genset, pump, or engines; heavy equipment stuff...??

I can load your truck or trailer from overhead using a Cat 966 loader; as long as it's not obstructed by a topper, lumber-rack, or whatever.

Email me at: metal at fullwave dooooot com

or call Richard at 541-944-9746 after 1pm weekdays; 10am-7pm weekends

Reply to
metal