Lincoln 175 and .035 mig wire

Have a new Lincoln 175 and love it. I see on the specs that they don't list a .035 mig wire What happens if you use the .035 with gas ? And how high can you go on the settigs with it??

Reply to
tcary

wayne mak

Not sure if we are talking about the same machine, I have a 175SP+. I just went out to the shop and raised the door on it. There was a chart for .035 wire for both CO2 and Ar/CO2.

What does yours say?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I just looked under my lid and it lists .025 and .030 for solid and .035 and .045 for flux core. I know I have run a roll of .035 solid at least once. I have used mine a good amount and do like the way it welds, its one hell of a little machine. I picked mine up from a local guy who does welding on the road alot of flying to location, he had bought it to do a job when his machine didn't make it to the location, it was new looking when I bought it. He seem pleased how it worked for what he needed, but he had a large number of machines so he sold it. I have been able to control my welds very nice with this machine, the feed system looks as cheap as they get but I have never had any problems and I have feed a good amount. The wire feed holds speed very nice, I had a cheap import and its wire feed was a pain, the speed would jump all over the place. I used a smaller hobart and its speed as not as stable as the lincolns. I just picked picked up a millermatic 35 (I think 200 amps at most) the miller is rated at 150 amps 60% and 200 at

Reply to
wayne mak

I have the Lowe's 175. It doesn't have anything on the chart for .035 with gas, just .035 and .045 selfshielding. What numbers does yours show for .035 with gas?

Reply to
tcary

From my 175SP+ (see following caveat)

.000" C02 AR/CO2

.036 D-2.5 C-2.5 .048 E-3 D-3 .060 H-5 E-5 .075 H-5.5 F-5.5 .135 J-7 H-7

3/16" N/R J-8

This settings guide is from the door panel for my SP 175+, and you should only use it as a guide, or confer with Lincoln first to see if you want to run it at all. My machine may have heavier wiring than yours, and maybe that's why they don't list .035" wire on yours.

WHATEVER YOU DO, CHECK IT OUT FIRST so you don't fry your machine or melt anything.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B