Lincoln 175+ Wirefeed Question

I was welding with my 175+ wirefeed welder, and had trouble with it. When I squeezed the trigger, it either would not feed, or feed and not stop. It would not feed as in no noise, no click, no motion of rollers, nada, zip, zilch. I disassembled the gun, suspecting a piece of crud in there. Looked pretty good. Reassembled, but it did the same thing. Took loose the two little terminals leading from gun to panel and reattatched, and it works now.

Anyone have a similar problem?

Steve

Reply to
Desert Traveler

The gun lead to machine jumper is a universal weak point. I don't seriously look at it as a weak point but as a test point. You can short across to see if your gun lead trigger and wiring is good. When shorted the wire should feed. If it doesn't then you have feeder problems. If it feeds then you start looking at your gun. I use any old piece of wire to short across. There always seems to be some laying around :') Randy

Anyone have a similar problem?

Steve

Reply to
R. Zimmerman