looking for a good tungsten source

I was rudely awakened by the difference in prices for 3/32 lanthanated tungsten from different vendors. weldingsupply.com has them for about $15.50 for 10 whereas welders-direct.com (Central ) quoted me $4.90 per stick after I asked for a price break. Shipping was not included in either case. As I recall, weldingsupply.com has a $50 minimum order which makes it awkward if one only wants 10 tungstens. Anyone have a good source? I'd like to give Central my business as I've bought some CK parts from them and got reasonable service plus Ernie speaks well of them.

Reply to
Jeff Nelson

I have been getting my tungstens from an eBay dealer called Aglevtech. Good prices and set shipping.

Just do a search on eBay under welding for "tungsten", and you will find them.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I have used Ram Welding Supply for my small orders, I don't recall a minimum order, but it has been a few months. Their 3/32 Lanth electrodes are $1.49 each.

If the direct link to the page doesn't work, you may have to just go to
and search. You need to put in your Zip Code first. The site also spells it "lath" and "lanth", search for both. Hey, they're welders, not spellers!!

DT

Reply to
DThompson