looking for wood lathe plans?

I was wondering if anyone came across some plans for welding up a wood lathe. I need something "like" a wood lathe but not as accurate, more like a heavy duty rotiserie. anyway, I thought someone might have come across some free plans onthe net for such, or I'll have to burn some metal to make my own.........

Reply to
Tater

Buy an old Shopsmith 10ER, around here you can sometimes get 'em for about $65 or so which is real dang cheap for a machine that's actually not too bad of a wood lathe.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

the problem is that I want plans to weld up a lathe, as i need projects to practice on (see the post about welding proficiency) and a wood lathe seems like a moderate skill project, especially as i do not need one with a lot of bed length, rpm range, horsepower, or accuracy.

mainly it will be for shaping model rocket nosecones, out of foam that will get fiberglassed.

harbor freight sells a 4" swing 2 foot bed lathe new for $30.

Reply to
Tater

I do know that Arc Welded Projects put out by Lincoln had several plans for woodworking lathes over the years. I don't have a copy now. Anyone know which volume has the plans? Randy

R. Zimmerman