Mastercraft wire feed welder

Anyone have any info on who made the Mastercraft wire feed welders for Canadian Tire Corporation? I've got a line on one that hasn't been used. Who made them? Are they serviceable?

Thanks for any help with this. Allan.

Reply to
<apsy2219

Years ago, their stick welders were made by Century. You might try looking at the websites of the various manufacturers to see if one has a model that looks like the one you want.

Steve R.

Reply to
Udie

I believe it was made by Century, flux core wire only. I have a CTC

225 amp stick welder of the same era. It's exactly the same as the Century with the CTC paint job. Century's reputation is not as good as say Lincoln's. You may want to check out the Century website to see if you can recognize it, although CTC has not sold that unit for over 10 years. I purchased a Lincoln Mig Pak 10 at CTC on sale for $499. A nice little unit complete with gas regulator.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Wrzosek

Thanks for the info Ed. I think I'll end up going with the Lincoln Mig Pak 10. I've been looking at them also. At least I'm sure about getting support for it if there's any problems. Allan.

Reply to
<apsy2219