Meco Aviator Torch

Threaded View
I recently picked up a box of tools containing a Meco Aviator torch
and 18 assorted AV tips. I've done some checking and I can't find any
information about the Aviator. The handle says "Aviator" and does not
have the word "Jet" on it. Could this be earlier version of the Jet?
Or a different model? I might be missing an "O" ring where the handle
body meets the torch .Anyone have an old manual, schematic or
information about this torch? Thanks
-Mike

Re: Meco Aviator Torch

I might..I'll look around. I used to have the "handtite" Aviator Jet...

Re: Meco Aviator Torch

Rick:
Any chance you were able to locate the manual, parts diagram on this
torch?
-Mike

Re: Meco Aviator Torch
Is this a very small torch that you could easily hold in your hand?  Might
be a variation on the midget which are often used for aviation aluminum
welding?  Theres a guy who sels the midget and has a whole collection of
torches, hes on the web and a search on google for "meco midget henrob
aluminum welding' ought to get his site.

drop him a line and hes sure to know about it, a bit of a torch guru

Shaun

Re: Meco Aviator Torch

Did you ever find a definitive answer to your question?

I seem to recall there is no "O" ring where the handle body meets the
torch.  But I don't remember for sure.

I have a couple of aviator jets.  They are probably my favorite
torch.  It is regrettable they're no longer supported.

Vernon

Re: Meco Aviator Torch

Vernon:
No, I did not find a definitive answer about the Meco Aviator torch. I
felt using it without an educated opinion of how it should be properly
be assembled was hazardous. Frankly, I didn't know if parts were
missing from the handle assembly, couldn't find out, and recently sold
the lot on ebay. With the appropriate caveats to the buyer(s), of
course.
-Mike

Re: Meco Aviator Torch

Just wanted to add my 2 worth. I recently picked up some NOS Meco flowmeters.
Very nicely made, real nice stuff. I for one wish Meco were still in business.

GWE

--

Re: Meco Aviator Torch

As do I, Grant.

Some time ago I bought one along with numerous tips.  Later, I bought
a NEW torch handle on ebay.  I got into a bidding war for it.  When
the smoke cleared I was the proud? new owner of a new torch handle for
a C note.  That had to cost about $10 bucks per gram.  I also have a
couple of Meco regulators and the Meco midget torch.  In fact, I have
probably a couple dozen torches including a Victor aviation torch, and
even a Henrob.

But the Aviator Jet is my all time favorite for handiness.

Site Timeline