Meco Aviator Torch

I recently picked up a box of tools containing a Meco Aviator torch and 18 assorted AV tips. I've done some checking and I can't find any information about the Aviator. The handle says "Aviator" and does not have the word "Jet" on it. Could this be earlier version of the Jet? Or a different model? I might be missing an "O" ring where the handle body meets the torch .Anyone have an old manual, schematic or information about this torch? Thanks -Mike

I might..I'll look around. I used to have the "handtite" Aviator Jet...

Rick: Any chance you were able to locate the manual, parts diagram on this torch? -Mike

Is this a very small torch that you could easily hold in your hand? Might be a variation on the midget which are often used for aviation aluminum welding? Theres a guy who sels the midget and has a whole collection of torches, hes on the web and a search on google for "meco midget henrob aluminum welding' ought to get his site.
drop him a line and hes sure to know about it, a bit of a torch guru
Shaun

Did you ever find a definitive answer to your question?
I seem to recall there is no "O" ring where the handle body meets the torch. But I don't remember for sure.
I have a couple of aviator jets. They are probably my favorite torch. It is regrettable they're no longer supported.
Vernon

Vernon: No, I did not find a definitive answer about the Meco Aviator torch. I felt using it without an educated opinion of how it should be properly be assembled was hazardous. Frankly, I didn't know if parts were missing from the handle assembly, couldn't find out, and recently sold the lot on ebay. With the appropriate caveats to the buyer(s), of course. -Mike

mlcorson wrote:

Just wanted to add my 2 worth. I recently picked up some NOS Meco flowmeters. Very nicely made, real nice stuff. I for one wish Meco were still in business.
GWE

As do I, Grant.
Some time ago I bought one along with numerous tips. Later, I bought a NEW torch handle on ebay. I got into a bidding war for it. When the smoke cleared I was the proud? new owner of a new torch handle for a C note. That had to cost about $10 bucks per gram. I also have a couple of Meco regulators and the Meco midget torch. In fact, I have probably a couple dozen torches including a Victor aviation torch, and even a Henrob.
But the Aviator Jet is my all time favorite for handiness.