Miller 250X w/ meters and Spoolmatic 30A Spool Gun

I just picked up a Miller Spoolmatic 30A for my Millermatic 250x w/ meters. I am a little confused by the lack of directions that came with the spool gun and my instruction booklet from my power source is not much better. I know how to hook it up etc.

I assume the wire feed speed is set at the power source. However, there is a red numbered dial on the Spool Gun that Miller says is "for reference only" and is not directly related to the wire feed speed. I think it is numbered 1-5. I assume this is either a fine tuning mechanism for the wire feed or allow you to adjust up and down without having to go back to the power source.

I thought that they would include some starting parameters for volts and wire speed like they do for mild steel with the spool gun, but I have no such luck. If anyone can give me some insight into setting the wire feed speed and using the "little red dial" I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Sierevello

The red dial on the gun handle is the ONLY wire speed setting for the spoolgun.

The numbers 1 - 5 corrolate roughly to hundreds of inches per minute of wire speed.

Look on the chart on the inside of the door of the 250X and you will see the base settings for the spoolgun as far as voltage and wire speed.

The 30-A gun is my favorite industrial spoolgun.

My favorite light duty spoolgun is the Readywelder.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Thanks Ernie...-Steve

Reply to